In this guide there are general instructions for configuring a device to use the Telappliant Red service (please note that this service was historically the Draytel service).
- Ensure your VoIP device (or softphone) is switched on and connected to network.
- On your device configuration page enter:
- SIP Server, SIP Registrar or SIP Domain: draytel.org
- SIP User ID: (this is the SIP id obtained from the Red User Portal)
- SIP Password: (retrieve from Red portal)
- Outbound Proxy: nat.draytel.org
- Outbound Proxy Port number: 5065
Note: some devices allow you to specify the outbound proxy on a single line as follows: nat.draytel.org:5065
- Save these settings and confirm their values after a reboot.
- Dial 902 to confirm your configuration. Your should hear a congratulations message.
If you encounter any issues, make sure your Router + Firewall are not blocking VoIP traffic specifically on ports 5060 and 5065. Also ensure that the router is not blocking UDP traffic.
For additional assistance please refer to articles for configuring specific VoIP device models. If contacting our support team please state your phone model, SIP ID and provide screenshots if possible in order to resolve any issues you may have as effectively as possible.