The following guide is for configuring Cisco SPA 112/122 with your VoIPtalk account.
You will need:
- The VoIPtalk ID – In case you don’t know it, you can find it by logging to your VoIPtalk control panel at voiptalk.org
- The VoIPtalk password – Go to the bottom of the page in case you need assistance with it.
- The Proxy /SIP Server – “voiptalk.org”
- The Proxy port – “5060”
- The Outbound proxy server – “nat.voiptalk.org”
- The Outbound proxy port – “5065”
1-) Connect the adapter via the internet port to your router, using an Ethernet cable.
2-) Connect the adapter via one of the phone port to an analogue phone.
3-) Once the adapter has been powered on, lift the receiver and dial **** for the configuration menu.
4-) When "Configuration menu" is heard, dial 110# to hear the IP address. Note it down.
5-) On a computer which is connected to the same subnet as the adapter, open a web browser and type the full IP address (including the dots) into the address bar.
6-) On the login screen that will appear, enter "admin" (case sensitive) as both username and password.
7) Once you have logged in, you will see a screen like the one below:
8) From the menu select the "Voice" Tab, then "Line 1" from the left side
menu. The main configuration settings will appear.
9) Enter the details as follows:
Proxy and Registration:
Outbound Proxy: nat.voiptalk.org:5065
Use Outbound proxy: Yes
Display Name: Your VoIPtalk Id
Password: your VoIPtalk account password
User Id: your VoIPtalk ID
10-) If configured correctly, the configuration should look like this:
Click submit to allow the adapter to save and reboot itself.
To check if the Cisco is registered, dial 902 from the handset. if you hear a congratulation message, then the registration was successful.