Before you begin there are some pieces of information that you will require:
- Your SIP ID (sometimes called VoIPtalk ID or trunk ID).
- The password that is associated with that SIP ID.
Your password can be found via the VoIPtalk portal.
Counterpath X-Lite should already be installed on the computer. You can download it from http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-download
Configuring the softphone:
- If not already running, double-click the X-Lite icon to launch the application.
- On the application's menu, click on Softphone then Account Settings.
- Enter the Account details as follows:
Account Name - This can be any value that describes the connection
User ID - This should be your SIP ID
Domain - Enter 'VoIPtalk.org' (without the quotes) here
Password - Enter the password associated with your SIP ID
Display name - This can be anything but typically enter the SIP ID again
Authorisation name - This must be your SIP ID
Register with domain and receive calls - Ensure this is selected
Proxy Address - Enter 'nat.VoIPtalk.org:5065' (without the quotes) here
- Click OK to save the settings.
Testing the service:
To test that the softphone can make a call, use the keypad to dial '902' then press the green phone icon to initiate the call. You should hear a congratulations message.