Configuring Polycom SoundPoint 321/331 with a VoIPOffice Extension
The following guide is for configuring a Polycom SoundPoint IP 321/331 with a VoIPOffice extension.
You will need:
- The VoIPOffice IP address – e.g. "77.240.xxx.xxx"
- The Extension number – e.g. "1001"
- The extension password/Secret (can be found by going to the edit mode of that specific extension, see the screenshot below)
1-) Connect the Polycom SoundPoint to the network (Router or Switch) using an Ethernet cable, make sure that you have at least 1 computer connected to the same network on which the Polycom SoundPoint is connected.
2-) Find the IP address of the device by pressing the phone menu, scroll through to status > Platform > phone > scroll through until you see the IP address. You can also get the IP address just after the handset boots up.
3-) On the computer connected to the same network as the phone, launch the web browser and type that IP address (including the dots) into the address bar.
4-) Login to the device's web interface using the following details (default):
- Username – "Polycom" (case sensitive)
- Password – "456"
5-) Once you have logged in, select the Lines tab and fill in the following information:
- Display name: The extension number
- Address: Extension number@VoIPOffice IP / URL
- Authentication ID: Extension number
- Authentication password: the extension password/secret
- Address: The VoIPOffice IP address/URL
- Port: 5060
6-) Click "Submit" and the phone will reboot.
7-) When the phone is back online, log into the VoIPOffice and go to the "Monitor" section. If the extension shows as "Online" it has been registered correctly.