Configuring a Grandstream GXP2140 with a VoIPOffice extension
The following guide is for configuring a Grandstream GXP 2140 with a VoIPOffice extension.
You will need:
- The VoIPOffice IP address – e.g. "77.240.xxx.xxx"
- The Extension number – e.g. "1001"
- The extension password/Secret (can be found by going to the edit mode of that specific extension, see the screenshot below)
1-) Connect the handset and the computer to the same network using an Ethernet cable.
2-) Find the IP address of the handset by pressing the ‘OK’ button, then enter that IP address into the address bar of the connected computer; the following login screen should appear:
3-) Enter the username and password which are both ‘admin’ (case sensitive) by default.
4-) Once logged in, the following page should load. Note that, initially, all SIP registrations will read ‘NO’ in a red bar as none have been configured or activated yet:
5-) Hover the mouse over the ‘Accounts’ tab and choose any empty account, this being account 1 for new users. Click directly on the chosen account to open configuration screen:
6-) Enter the following details:
- Account Active: Switch to ‘yes’ to activate the account
- Account Name: Enter extension number
- SIP Server: Enter the IP address of the VoIPOffice account
- Secondary SIP server: Leave as blank
- Outbound proxy: Leave as blank
- BLF server: Leave as blank
- SIP User ID: Enter extension number
- Authenticate ID: Enter extension number
- Authenticate password: Enter extension password (secret)
- Name: Enter extension number
- Voice mail userID: Leave as blank
- Show account name only: Leave as ‘No’
7-) Once the configuration settings are entered press the ‘Save and Apply’ button. If your configuration is successful, your account will register as a ‘YES’ in a green bar under the ‘Account Status’ tab.